Winter Equipment Rentals:
- March Break Special: From March 7 to 11, 2022, snowshoe and ski rentals are offered for FREE for children and youth 18 years and under at Mapleton and Centennial parks.
Winteractive Fun Map:
- Find out all the outdoor places you can go in Moncton to enjoy the winter.
Parks and Trails:
- Moncton parks and trails offer year-round fun for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Enjoy skating at one of Moncton’s outdoor rinks this winter: Ian Fowler Oval, Mapleton Park Outdoor Rink, Kaboom Rink and Muskrat Skating Trail.
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., weather permitting.
- Be sure to check the conditions of the rinks before you head out.
The Moncton Market is the city’s Saturday morning hot spot where locals and visitors alike can sip locally roasted coffee, grab a hot breakfast, enjoy sweets and pastries, pick up fresh produce, and find unique arts and crafts made by local artisans.
- Trites Maples opens for the season March 5.
- Open every Saturday and Sunday until April 17, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Directions: Look for the “4th camp with the green metal roof” at the end of Maple Ridge Trail. It is a 15-minute walk from the parking area located at 1270 Gorge Road in Moncton.
Resurgo Place March Break Program
- Resurgo Place will be offering fun activities such as a bingo/scavenger hunt activity throughout the museum, DIY craft kits, STEM activity kits and Moving Science demonstrations.
- Open daily from March 5 – 13, 2022
Arts & Culture
- Have you completed the City of Moncton’s Culture & Heritage Scavenger Hunt? It's a great way to explore and learn about the city!
- Take the self-guided Art Murals Tour and discover the masterpieces that artists from here and from around the world have created, transforming Moncton into a spectacular outdoor art gallery.
- Moncton’s Heritage iTour is a dynamic, self-guided tour that offers city explorers the opportunity to learn more about Moncton’s history and built heritage.
- The MR21 Museum situated inside the historical Our Lady of the Assumption Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-l’Assomption) is an interpretation centre that uses immersive and innovative digital technology to help visitors discover the incredible architecture and rich history of the heritage gem that is the cathedral.
Connect with the Animals
- Magnetic Hill Zoo Sunday Winter Openings: Beginning March 6, the zoo will be open on Sundays in March from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Boyle Family Farm is offering sunset horseback rides from March 7 – 13 starting at 4:30 p.m. They also offer riding sessions Wednesdays through Sundays, at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.
- Llama-zing Adventures has lots of options for March Break. Check their schedule for pop-up visits, book walks with the animals, and more.
- Broadleaf Ranch is a great nearby staycation destination – or just book a trail ride and enjoy a hearty meal!
Food & Drink
- Moncton’s craft beer scene is alive and well. Our micro-breweries offer more than just local flavours, but unique spaces to soak up while you sip.
- Stop in one of Moncton’s many local cafés and sip the city’s best coffee.
- Excellent dining options abound in Moncton.
- Book a Magnetic Hill Winery Tasting now!
- Check out the excellent line-up of concerts at the Capitol Theatre during March Break.
- The Wildcats will be playing three games at home in the Avenir Centre over March Break.