Come celebrate Canada Day along Moncton’s riverfront!
Colin James will headline the biggest FREE party around! From the prairies of Saskatchewan to sharing the stage with arguably some of the most influential and talented guitarists of all time, Colin James has set the bar for consistency and talent in Canadian music. The Canadian blues master has worked with Bonnie Raitt, Albert Collins, and Lenny Kravitz to name a few.
Presented by National Bank, Moncton’s Whoa Canada! celebrations will offer more than just live music and fireworks.
Throughout the day, Moncton’s riverfront will be host to a variety of activities to be enjoyed by all, including the Kids' PlayZone. Starting at 11 a.m., the Kids’ PlayZone will feature inflatable games, face painting, a water slide, and vendors for the whole family to enjoy. Stage entertainment on the Riverfront Park Stage will run from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., and will feature:
- An opening prayer and smudging ceremony by Elder Gary Augustine;
- DJ Bones;
- Rémi Boudreau (magician); and
- Féeli Tout.
The Whoa Canada! Main Stage, which will be located in the Riverfront Parking Lot, will be lit up from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. with performers:
- DJ Mobaws;
- Ukrainian duo Balaklava Blues;
- Acadian legends 1755; and
- Juno award-winner Colin James.
Once the applause for Colin James has quieted, the crowd’s attention will be directed to the riverfront, where the tri-community Canada Day fireworks, a presentation of the City of Moncton, the Town of Riverview and the City of Dieppe, will begin at 10 p.m.
Full Canada Day Program:
- 11 am – 8 pm: Kids’ PlayZone featuring inflatable games, glitter tattoos, and more (Riverfront Park)
- 12 pm: O’ Can You Cycle Bike Ride – wear red and white and show your Canadian pride! Meet behind the Moncton Press Club; decorated bikes are encouraged!
- 12 pm: Opening prayer and smudging ceremony by Elder Gary Augustine and teachings from the Elsipogtog Mi'kmaq Cultural Center’s traditional interpretive guides on the Riverfront Park Stage
- 12 pm – 4 pm: Family-friendly entertainment on the Riverfront Park Stage
- 12 pm – 5 pm: Following the opening prayer and smudge from Respected Elder, Medicine Man, and Traditional Knowledge Keeper, Gary Augustine, and teachings from the Elsipogtog Mi'kmaq Cultural Center’s traditional interpretive guides on the Riverfront Park Stage, the public is invited to visit the Center’s tent to learn more about Mi'kmaq culture, the Center’s tours and offerings, and to have the opportunity to purchase items created by Indigenous artisans. (Riverfront Park)
- 12 pm – 5 pm: Science… Under pressure! Take part in fun and educational activities presented by Resurgo Place, including water bottle rockets, smoke in a bottle and a balloon-powered car craft!! (Riverfront Park)
- 12 pm – 5 pm: YMCA Mobile Fun Team – Experience the YMCA’s free playground program that focuses on unstructured play for kids of all ages and abilities! (Riverfront Park)
- 12 pm – 10 pm: Vendors offering a variety of foods and other products (Riverfront Park)
- 12:24 pm: Tidal Bore Presentation by Resurgo Place (Bore Park)
- 5 pm – 10 pm: Concert on the Whoa Canada! Main Stage (Riverfront Parking Lot)
- 10 pm: Tri-Community Canada Day Fireworks (Riverfront Park)
The City of Moncton would like to thank the Canada Day sponsors for their generous support: government partner Canadian Heritage / Government of Canada; presenting sponsor the National Bank; and Dairy Farmers of Canada.